Saturday, March 13, 2010

zombies and crackheads

Last night I had a dream ... Me and my mom were driving to a Marriott to meet a family friend, but as we got closer and closer everything began to look really run down and decrepit. When we got there the place was overrun with zombies. They were slow and they looked worn, like the zombies in the resident evil movies but if you got too close they'd bite you. For some reason I had a gun, so i started blowing zombies away while we made our way to the elevator to meet the friend (when I woke up I realized how dumb it would be to take an elevator in the middle of a zombie epidemic; ALWAYS take the stairs). So we make it up to like the 10th floor and meet up with the friend (who's like the only non-zombie in the whole hotel). I don't remember how they got back down, but I jumped from the 10th floor window and landed safely on the ground. It was pretty awesome.

After that I hopped in the car and we made it into a zombie safe-zone where I met Dillon, my best childhood friend. We say hi and I go to the cafeteria to get some food. While I was paying (apparently there are no free meals, even during the apocalypse), I look up and realize the cashier was Dillon's older brother. I say hi, but he's clearly not all there. There are half finished lines of cocaine everywhere and he's twitchy and super high. As I leave for home with the food I run into Dillon, we just nod, but I can see the uncomfortable sadness in his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment